Thurles is just off the main Dublin - Cork National Road. Two hours from Dublin by train or car and 1.5 hours from Cork.
Killahara Castle is just outside Dovea village, which is only a 5 minute drive from Thurles.
- Follow the N8 - the main Dublin - Cork road.
- Take a Thurles exit, off the N8 - (at Two Mile Borris coming from Dublin or at Horse and Jockey coming from Cork)
- 7 km onwards, you enter Thurles
- Proceed into Thurles town
- Turn right at the end of the town square,
- Proceed 1.5km to roundabout
- Take second exit
- After 100m, turn left towards Dovea
- Follow this road 4km to Dovea village (look out for blue signs if confused about side roads)
- Immediately after the church, on the left, is the entrance to Killahara Castle (avenue through the woods).